West Midlands Business Grant - Available Now
Published: 05 July 2023
Submit your grant application now
To be considered for the West Midlands Small to Medium Enterprise Grant Programme (WMGP) (round 8), you must submit your application form to Birmingham City Council before 15th November 2023.
Funding for round 9 will open on 20th November 2023.
This grant is for:
- start-up small and medium businesses based in the West Midlands Region (grants of £2,500 to £7,500 are available for Birmingham based businesses only)
- existing small and medium businesses based in the West Midlands Region (grants of £5,000 to £100,000 are available for Birmingham based businesses)
It is expected that most applications made will be for an average grant of between £10,000 to £20,000, and only in exceptional circumstances will grants of up to £100,000 be awarded. This is to make sure that the limited WMGP budget is given to as many businesses as possible.
Businesses from all sectors are eligible for consideration, except for:
- those of a political or religious persuasion
- activities involving pornography or clairvoyance
- any business activity that is illegal or deemed unsuitable for public support by Birmingham City Council
- training and skills development are also ineligible because provisions for these activities will be supported through different funding routes.
Business projects can be considered for:
- new business start-ups (for Birmingham based businesses only)
- expanding and growing existing businesses
- inward investment
- developing new markets opportunities
- innovation, including new product development
- capital investment
- an increase in the productive capacity of new and existing premises through new property builds, refurbishment and extensions
All the documents needed to apply for this grant are available. We strongly recommend that you check the eligibility criteria to make sure that you qualify for consideration before approaching a business adviser and completing a grant application.