West Midlands SME Grant Programme
Increase business productivity with the support of a grant
The West Midlands SME Grants Programme seeks to increase productivity by improving business confidence, stimulating business activity, attracting investment, safeguarding existing and creating new jobs within local communities.
It offers grant funding of £2,500 to £100k (note: it would be expected that the average grant would be circa £20k-30k).
The intervention rate will be up to 50% of the total grant.
The grant funding will be provided for the following activities:
- Establishment of new business start-ups with grants available from £2,500-£7,500
- Relocation, expansion and growth of existing businesses
- Develop new markets opportunities
- Promotional activities
- Innovation – Including the development of new products including prototyping, testing and commercialisation
- Low carbon/energy efficiency/waste management – Green grants (link to decarbonisation)
- Improving systems and processes
- Capital investment, eg, new plant, machinery and equipment
- Increase in productive capacity of new and existing premises through new property builds/refurbishment/extensions.
The grant funding will not be used for training and skills development because this provision is supported through alternative funding routes.
Grants are to be administered locally. To find out if applications have opened yet in your area, please complete the short enquiry form below and a local Business Adviser will be in touch.
Contact us about this programme today.
Complete this form to alert a local Business Growth West Midlands Adviser to your interest in this programme. They will be in touch with the appropriate information and support for this programme, as well as personalised recommendations of other opportunities you could benefit from.
Third party programme information is correct at the time of publishing. We review and update our pages periodically to keep them as up to date as possible.
Any information that is required as part of your enquiry is marked with an asterisk (*). The information collected is used to enable Business Growth West Midlands to hold your contact details for communication purposes and for us to process your enquiry appropriately.